Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to AusBass Forums
 General Bass Fishing
 Skinny Water Advice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bendol
Ausbass Member

Australia
38 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2017 :  14:49:42  Show Profile Send bendol a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys,

I'm after some advice/your experience fishing the skinny water (higher up the system) this time of year.

I've almost always fished the lower sections (more brackish) but have loved my couple of trips in the skinny stuff and would like to do more but I know the bass will be heading down to spawn this time of year. How has the migration to spawn affected your skinny water fishing in the past?

It's a broad question I guess depending on the flow of the system, recent flooding etc but was just after your general experiences.

Thanks in advance.
Ben.

SA Tom
Ausbass Member

105 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2017 :  15:15:23  Show Profile Send SA Tom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ben

In my experience there are always some that don't make the trip or are physically stuck. Always worth a look.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

bendol
Ausbass Member

38 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2017 :  13:24:05  Show Profile Send bendol a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cheers Tom,

I was hoping someone would say that.

Appreciate your input.
Go to Top of Page

Tbone
Ausbass Member

421 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2017 :  16:41:21  Show Profile Send Tbone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Ben, just a little tip.
Where ever you follow water up streams keep following the dry beds.
You will always find land lock water. Maybe you could get a bass out of there. My best spot is in one of those pools. If you are looking out of the city try some farm dams that are low near flowing water lots of trapped fish there at different times.
Cheers
Dave

Edited by - Tbone on 24/04/2017 16:48:24
Go to Top of Page

bendol
Ausbass Member

38 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2017 :  19:55:13  Show Profile Send bendol a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cheers Dave, that makes sense mate. Really appreciate your tip pal.
Go to Top of Page

perchsearch
Ausbass Member

44 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  11:00:43  Show Profile Send perchsearch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After the flood in the Condamine, and Richmond systems the weed had been removed and the upper reaches much cleaner to fish. on my recent trips Catfish and carp seem to have enjoyed the clean out, there is always a percentage of fish that don't leave the headwaters, you will be surprised to see whats there.
Go to Top of Page

Chep Buxley
Ausbass Member

36 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  20:34:24  Show Profile Send Chep Buxley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hope you did ok
Go to Top of Page

paulo
Ausbass Member

32 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2017 :  15:07:11  Show Profile Send paulo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I've been meaning to reply to this and now that I've done the work, here 'tis!

We had good spring ('16) and autumn ('17) rains, really good for fish to travel if they wanted to. If.

My son and his mates next door caught bass, on lures, in the July school hols. Freezing cold, frosts, maybe 17 in the day. We get nice cold winters. Mid 30's, claims about a monster. I got smashed up by 40+ fish on new years day, maybe the same fish, who knows?

Now the interesting bit that I've wanted to sort out. We are a touch over 250km from the spawning area for our system. Not an exceptional distance, but 100km of this is shallow, skinny water.

It really makes you think about how far bass will travel for a bit of comfort and a feed!

Good luck for the season!

Paul
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000