Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to AusBass Forums
 General Bass Fishing
 Come on guys
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tbone
Ausbass Member

Australia
421 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2017 :  16:10:07  Show Profile Send Tbone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi you peps.
Just a thought, the last few days I have watched our forums and at most of the times there are up to 25 peps looking in. Hey let's not let our selfs down and lose the sight to non activiy. Lets start talking to each other again.

I'm looking at changing my spots from
The upper napean to windser area. I have attached an electric motor to my
Yak and it is traveling pretty good. I'll be able cover more area faster when the season starts up.

Cheers guys Dave

Insert Image:

3140.61 KB

Edited by - Tbone on 23/07/2017 10:32:25

Titfish
Ausbass Member

624 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2017 :  23:09:37  Show Profile Send Titfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave,
Would like to see your electric setup on your yak. I'm starting to think that this paddling caper is not for me anymore after shoulder surgery.

You are right. Not enough people posting.

Cheers
Ken
Go to Top of Page

Chep Buxley
Ausbass Member

36 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  05:51:45  Show Profile Send Chep Buxley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know why forums are losing popularity? Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

bass bash
Ausbass Member

134 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2017 :  17:12:55  Show Profile Send bass bash a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave I think the Upper Nepean will fish a lot better this season. Don't give it up, Nrth Richmond is worth a look good luck for the up coming season
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Titfish
Ausbass Member

624 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2017 :  17:57:15  Show Profile Send Titfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks T bone for posting up the pic of your motor setup.

I was going to be stupid and say " wouldn't it go backwards?" But thought, " don't be a total idiot."

Your setup gives me something to think about.

One question. What size and what type of battery are you running?

Cheers
Ken
Go to Top of Page

Tbone
Ausbass Member

421 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2017 :  16:30:47  Show Profile Send Tbone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks ken.
I'll get that information to you in my next post.
Thanks Jeff my next post will have some pics from the upper Nepean.
I went for a scout down past
A wier on the weekend.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
Ausbass Member

700 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2017 :  19:49:56  Show Profile  Visit Ziggy's Homepage Send Ziggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Insert Image:

39.99 KB
Go to Top of Page

Titfish
Ausbass Member

624 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2017 :  23:16:58  Show Profile Send Titfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that IS good news. Always enjoy your stories Ziggy.
Go to Top of Page

Tbone
Ausbass Member

421 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2017 :  09:22:46  Show Profile Send Tbone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just made my day. Mist you heaps
Go to Top of Page

Chep Buxley
Ausbass Member

36 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2017 :  20:44:43  Show Profile Send Chep Buxley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi guys
Go to Top of Page

GRAVY
Ausbass Member

137 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2017 :  17:44:23  Show Profile Send GRAVY a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Side mounted electrics on kayaks are not the best for steerage and manouvreability, I had one on mine and found the paddle had to come into play once I was at my fishing location.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
Ausbass Member

700 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2017 :  18:39:02  Show Profile  Visit Ziggy's Homepage Send Ziggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes nice to see the old faithfulls are still posting.

Hard to say Ill be here alot but I will be keeping a eye on ya all ...

Z
Go to Top of Page

Tbone
Ausbass Member

421 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2017 :  09:47:56  Show Profile Send Tbone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Z man
Hope to get some big ones
This year
Cheers
Dave
Go to Top of Page

bendol
Ausbass Member

38 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  19:22:05  Show Profile Send bendol a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I'm not an 'old faithful', it's good to see you Dave. You're looking well :)

Edited by - bendol on 03/09/2017 19:22:39
Go to Top of Page

clutch
Ausbass Member

97 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2017 :  14:52:11  Show Profile Send clutch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As for forums, I think they fluctuate. Competition from another forum, and FB and YouTube. Although it is pretty cool to have a forum devoted to Aus Bass.

I agree that the Upper Nepean will probably fire a lot better this season with fish ladders hopefully working.

Once we have something to brag about, I mean constructively share, there will be more posts. We have only had the first weekend of the season.

And with the Zigster on board, we will be inspired by territory most of us only fantasize about,

Clutch

Edited by - clutch on 04/09/2017 14:54:45
Go to Top of Page

clutch
Ausbass Member

97 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2017 :  20:50:35  Show Profile Send clutch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drove past the river today. The water was quite low, so apart from clear fish ladders, we need the water to make the ladders work!!!

Another concern was that a council has taken it upon themselves to cut some trees down, effectively destroying thet one decent track to the water in that section.

And those cursed subdivisions put more pressure on the poor Upper Nepean waterway. This means that people like me need to go further upstream for serenity and clear water, probably not strategic at this time in the season with migrating bass.

Aaaarrrggghhh!!!

Edited by - clutch on 05/09/2017 20:59:28
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000