Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to AusBass Forums
 General Bass Fishing
 Important Changes When Uploading Pictures!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Site Administrator

Australia
260 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  13:57:30  Show Profile Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

With the ongoing commitment to improving the site and recent feeback received, I would like to advise you all that uploading photos has just become a whole easier.

Previously an image needed to be resized to less than 90K, this was then increased to 350K, with still some members unsure or unable to do so. Given that most images today can be upward of 1 Meg with the improvements and use of digital cameras; All members will be able to upload bigger size images, effective immediately. And up to 5.3 Meg per image.

These images will be then be automatically resized in the back end which will make life much easier.

Also the image formats can be either:

.jpeg
.jpg
.gif
.png

Please note that when naming your images please follow the standard naming conventions and Do Not use the symbols / \ : *? < > which are also not allowed on a Microsoft OS.

Also you will need to consider uploading speeds may be varied depending on your ISP, your internet plan, the size of the uploads, etc. Therefore the larger the size of the files the longer it will take.

JMo
Ausbass Member

232 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2013 :  10:47:09  Show Profile Send JMo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Admin. Has been easier, though I must be doing something wrong. Unless I resize my pics, when I log on and look at a post with pics, my unadjusted uploads are massive and off the page.
Is this just me?? "These images will be then be automatically resized..." - does this take some time to occur after posting?
Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Dishley
Ausbass Member

1657 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2013 :  12:10:31  Show Profile Send Dishley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nah happens to me too. I use firefox and just refresh the page after it's fully loaded and then it will resize them for you
Go to Top of Page

2busyyakkin80
Ausbass Member

123 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2013 :  21:15:07  Show Profile Send 2busyyakkin80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm with Dishley, just refresh your page & the image or images will resize
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000