Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bass Boats, Kayaks, Canoes & Fishing Equipment
 Bass Boats, Kayaks, Canoes and Inflatables!
 Custom canoe builder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

nutter
Ausbass Member

Australia
1310 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  23:58:29  Show Profile  Visit nutter's Homepage Send nutter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Guy
Looking for some one who can custom build a canoe/boat thingy for me. Some one in NSW around Sydney/Wollongong area would be nice but willing to look else where.

Thanks

4angler
Ausbass Member

110 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  16:07:02  Show Profile Send 4angler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ive built two "stitch and glue " plywood covered with fbglass boats.
1 13 foot open kayak thats really seen some water.
1 11 foot rowing skiff.

waht type boat you want built ?.
mlongworth@modcoms.net
Go to Top of Page

nutter
Ausbass Member

1310 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  20:33:33  Show Profile  Visit nutter's Homepage Send nutter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some thing along these lines. A small US flats boat/canoe.

17ft long by 44inch wide and can take a 25hp

Go to Top of Page

4angler
Ausbass Member

110 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2009 :  12:36:06  Show Profile Send 4angler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any problem with fibreglass over ply ?.
If not , have you any plans or links to plan views of a similar boat ?.

looks a fairly basic hull.
Go to Top of Page

4angler
Ausbass Member

110 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2009 :  12:57:00  Show Profile Send 4angler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found this link to a "flats stalker 18"

similar to the gladesman !!.

Go to Top of Page

4angler
Ausbass Member

110 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2009 :  12:58:19  Show Profile Send 4angler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
heres link !!!!
http://www.bateau.com/boats/FS18/index.html

havent had time to view study plans.

Go to Top of Page

nutter
Ausbass Member

1310 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2009 :  12:58:59  Show Profile  Visit nutter's Homepage Send nutter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Should there be a link.

Thanks for the PM as well
Go to Top of Page

nutter
Ausbass Member

1310 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2009 :  13:02:46  Show Profile  Visit nutter's Homepage Send nutter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks should of waited a min or two

Thanks again will look into it
Go to Top of Page

nutter
Ausbass Member

1310 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2009 :  13:19:43  Show Profile  Visit nutter's Homepage Send nutter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mans theres some nice boats on there.

Thanks again this could really help
Go to Top of Page

4angler
Ausbass Member

110 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2009 :  16:44:41  Show Profile Send 4angler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
if you could find 2 or 3 people who would want a boat like this built , it would reduce cost overall.
Also would see if there is a market for them here !!!.
Go to Top of Page

Cracka
Ausbass Member

1 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2009 :  16:59:06  Show Profile Send Cracka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
G'day Nutter. I have the plans for the FS18, it looks to be a pretty nice boat great for estuary and flats fishing. These boats are all composite construction, marine ply encapsulated with epoxy and fibreglass woven fabric.

I actually made a couple of 1/10th scale model when I got the plans a while ago, to see what sheerline I liked, that was before any of them were completed. From memory there has been about 4 completed in the States with a couple more in progress.

You can build it in 2 versions, the standard sheer line (upturned sheerline at bow and stern) or a flush sheer version. I liked the flush sheer, hence the 1 I painted up.

You can build the boat with either a rounded chine (less hull slap) or the hard chine version which is what my model is. In the next photo's you will see the difference in the 2 versions of the sheer. The flush is what the majority of American poling skiffs are like.

Standard sheer at back, flush sheer at front.

This is the link to a blog from 1 of the guys from the Bateau site, check this boat it is a bloody great build and a tribute to his skill.
http://www.wetconcepts.com/FS18.htm
Here's a couple of photo's of his finished boat.

And this is another 1 built by Josh in the U.S.

Edited by - Cracka on 14/07/2009 17:14:03
Go to Top of Page

dm95
Ausbass Member

20 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2009 :  18:51:48  Show Profile Send dm95 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
try boatdesign.net not bad
Go to Top of Page

nutter
Ausbass Member

1310 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2009 :  20:46:11  Show Profile  Visit nutter's Homepage Send nutter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Guys thats what Im looking for.
Go to Top of Page

SkyeWarrior
Ausbass Member

316 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2009 :  21:26:32  Show Profile Send SkyeWarrior a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hiya, not quite what you're after?

http://www.bluefinboats.com.au/tinoo.htm#

Stevo
Go to Top of Page

4angler
Ausbass Member

110 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  10:53:33  Show Profile Send 4angler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Cracka , love your scale models , I did the same prior to building my boats full scale ,

The Tinoo looks good , not bad for Bass fishing , even would handle rocky creeks and a bit of portage !!!.
and aluminium easy to repair !!
Go to Top of Page

nutter
Ausbass Member

1310 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  18:35:15  Show Profile  Visit nutter's Homepage Send nutter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Email sent.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000